At Puerto Valle, we believe that being a sustainable hotel involves a commitment to the environment, to ensure its care and preservation for future generations.
Nature is one of the most beautiful things on the planet. Its care and preservation should be everyone’s responsibility. Read more about our initiatives at Puerto Valle Hotel de Esteros and what it means for us to have a sustainable hotel certification.
Design and environmental commitment
Sustainable hotels have been designed or redesigned with an architectural infrastructure that is respectful of the environment and try to blend into their surroundings in various ways.
To qualify as a sustainable hotel, certain requirements must be met:
- Design based on environmental, social and cultural principles
- Respect for the social and natural environment
- Development of the community by supporting local businesses
- Promotion of local products
- Use of renewable energies, energy-efficiency and water-saving systems
Why are we a sustainable hotel?
We are a sustainable hotel because we are committed to our environment in the Wetlands, Esteros del Iberá, nature and the entire region. We believe we are all responsible for taking care of them, and for that reason we constantly emphasize education, and we share with our guests all our engagement with environmental preservation.
Puerto Valle Hotel de Esteros is one of the 142 hotels that are certified by the “Hoteles Más Verdes” (Greener Hotels) network in Argentina, and the only hotel with this certification in Corrientes province.
Read our sustainability policy, a key pillar for our Sustainable Hotel certification. We are proud to be part of a group of hotels that chooses a more eco-friendly future.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) defines sustainable travel as “tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social and environmental impacts, addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment and host communities.”
Sustainable tourism has an impact at three levels:
- Economic: It is a factor that can make a positive contribution. It creates job opportunities; however, it can also be accompanied by actions that do not contribute to a sustainable future, therefore, attention must be paid to tourism infrastructure and management.
- Sociocultural: It has a great impact on the host society. Sustainable tourism is based on respect for local communities and highlights the local traditions of society.
- Environmental: It is the engine for everything. Building infrastructure or producing pollution can have a direct impact on the environment, so tourism should serve as a tool to care for and conserve the environment and biodiversity.
Hotel Puerto Valle, a sustainable hotel
At Puerto Valle Hotel de Esteros, our main goal is to help the community by encouraging and disseminating the consumption of local products and services. In this way, we can have a positive impact not only on the environment but also on society.
Join us and live a unique vacation experience, surrounded by nature in a lodge that takes care of the environment and the planet for a better future.